Terms and Conditions
Highland Offroad and Land Rover Experience Scotland Terms and Conditions
1. Booking Quad Treks online with Highland Offroad
- Bookings can be made through our website, on the phone and in person and will be confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Payment can be made online by credit or debit card or by cash in person.
- All stated prices include VAT.
2. Purchasing Highland Offroad Quad Trekking and Land Rover Experience Scotland Gift Vouchers online
- A Gift Voucher purchase can be made through our website, on the phone and in person and will be confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Payment can be made online by credit or debit card or by cash in person.
- All stated prices include VAT.
3. Booking Land Rover Experience Scotland
- Bookings can be made, on the phone and in person and will be confirmed once full payment has been received. Payment can be made by credit or debit card over the phone or by cash in person.
4. Cancellations for Highland Offroad Quad Treks and Land Rover Experience Scotland
- There is a five day cancellation period should you wish to amend or cancel your booking . If you cancel within five days before your booked quad trek or Land Rover Experience a refund cannot be issued and your booking cannot be changed to another date.
- If for any reason we have to cancel your booking, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible and will do our best to accommodate you on another date of your choice. If we have to do this, we cannot be responsible for any other costs incurred such as accommodation for the date of your original booking.
5. Insurance for Land Rover Experience Scotland and Highland Offroad Quad Treks
- Highland Offroad (3) Ltd has full public liability insurance insuring against third-party injury and/or property damage via our Public Liability insurance policy. Due to the nature of the activities (off-road driving and quad trekking), there is a certain amount of risk involved. Instructions from employees must be adhered to at all times to minimise risk.
6. Land Rover Experience Scotland - Your Obligations
- All Drivers taking part in the Experience must hold a current full UK or EU driving licence. If the licence has been issued outside the UK then please notify us prior to booking the Experience.
- For taking part in the on-road driving session, participants have to be over 23yrs of age.
- All drivers must have no more than six current penalty points on their licence to enable them to participate in any on-road requirements of the course. The customer must notify Land Rover Experience Scotland if they have more than six penalty points on their driving licence or any previous serious convictions. If in any doubt about what constitutes a serious driving conviction, please contact Land Rover Experience Scotland prior to participation for clarification.
- Whilst attending the Experience, you will at all times follow all lawful instructions and any other relevant rules notified to you.
- You will not at any time whilst attending the Experience be under the influence of alcohol or any drugs, which may impair your alertness, and driving ability and you will behave in a safe, appropriate and prudent manner.
- You will at all times exercise the necessary and high degree of care and attention whilst participating in the Experience.
- If you suffer from any disability that could impair your access to the facilities and/or vehicles used in the Experience, you will have informed us prior to attending the Experience so that we can make any required and available adjustments.
- You will be responsible for the safekeeping of any property (e.g. cameras) you take with you on the Experience.
- During the on-road driving you will drive and be driven as a passenger and at all times must wear the safety restraint belt.
- You will be responsible for any speeding and parking fines incurred whilst driving the vehicle, and we will require you to sign a log in the vehicle clearly showing the time you are driving on the public highway.
7. Our rights
- We may, at our sole discretion and at any time, decline or terminate your attendance at the Experience in the interests of safety or otherwise.
- We reserve the right to amend, or withdraw, the Experience, in total or in part, without prior notice if we have reasonable grounds to do so. If we withdraw the Experience in total then you will be entitled to a full refund of amounts paid to us for that Experience.
8. Highland Offroad Quad Treks - Your Obligations
- Whilst attending quad trek, you will at all times follow all lawful instructions and any other relevant rules notified to you.
- You will not at any time whilst attending the quad trek be under the influence of alcohol or any drugs, which may impair your alertness, and driving ability and you will behave in a safe, appropriate and prudent manner.
- You will at all times exercise the necessary and high degree of care and attention whilst participating in the Quad Trek.
- If any member of your group has any physical or mental impairment that could affect their ability to take part in the quad trek, you must inform us prior to attending so that we can discuss your individual situation. We cannot guarantee that our insurance or machines are suitable without prior notification.
- Our quad bikes can carry a maximum load of 138kg (21 stone); if any member of your gruop exceeds this, unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate them.
- Any damage caused to the vehicle during the period of hire will be charged to the driver (or in the case of a child, to the parent or guardian). An average cost is in the region of £350.
- Quad treks depart one after the other, and there may be other people booked to go out at the same time as you. Therefore the instructor cannot wait if you are late for your booked time.
- You will be responsible for the safekeeping of any property (e.g. cameras) you take with you on the quad trek.
9. Our rights
- We may, at our sole discretion and at any time, decline or terminate your attendance in the interests of safety or otherwise.
- We reserve the right to amend, or withdraw, the quad trek, in total or in part, without prior notice if we have reasonable grounds to do so. If we withdraw the in total then you will be entitled to a full refund of amounts paid to us for that trek.
10. Land Rover Experience Scotland - Child Policy
- Children between the ages of 12 and 17 years (inclusive) and over 1.5m tall are only allowed in the vehicle on the basis that they are passengers and comply with the same obligations as you agree to in point 2. Children between the ages of 6 and 12 or under 1.5m tall are only allowed to participate as passengers on the basis that they comply with the same obligations as you agree to in point 6 and the parent/guardian complies with the below.
- All children must be seated in the appropriate child car seat/booster seat and such seat must be appropriate for, and fitted correctly by you to the vehicle.
- The parent/guardian agrees to be responsible for the child and his/her actions and will ensure he/she complies with his/her obligations.
- There are very limited facilities for non-participating children and families wanting to wait for friends/relatives who are on course. Children must NOT be left unattended at any time. Children are the responsibility of either parent or a guardian at all times.
11. Highland Offroad Quad Treks - Child Policy
- Children must be age 12 and over and if under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. No more than two children can be on any quad trek, unless by specific prior agreement.
- Children are the responsibility of either parent or guardian at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted in Land Rover Experience Scotland vehicles or on Highland Offroad activities.
- Quad Treks and Land Rover Experience take place in all weather conditions deemed safe in the opinion of the Directors of the company. Highland Offroad (3) Ltd reserves the right to alter the route for Land Rover Experience Scotland and Highland Offroad Quad Treks according to the conditions on the day. The above cancellation policy applies should a customer cancel due to weather conditions.
- We advise customers to dress according to the Scottish climate. Appropriate footwear and suitable outdoor clothing is advised. For Highland Offroad Quad Treks, full waterproofs and helmets are provided.
15. Gift Vouchers
- Gift Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase unless otherwise stated. For each Gift Voucher sold online there is an additional cost of £2.50 to cover postage and packing.
- Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your order for a Gift Voucher purchased from Highland Offroad (3) Ltd for a full refund. Cancellations must be received in writing quoting your order reference within 14 working days of receipt and include proof of purchase documentation and sent to the address below.
- Refunds will be credited back to the card used to make the original purchase.
16. Gift Voucher Returns:
Highland Offroad (3) Ltd, Butterstone Loch, Dunkeld, Perthshire PH8 0HH
17. Payments to Highland Offroad (3) Ltd.
- Highland Offroad (3) Ltd. offers a fully secure shopping experience. All credit cards are taken through a third party company, Stripe.
On checkout you will be transferred to their secure payment site to pay for your experience. You can tell you are on the Stripe secure server by the address in your browsers address bar. Once your payment goes through you will see the confirmation screen on the Highland Offroad site.
- Card types: You can easily use your credit card or debit card to make a payment to Highland Offroad. We do not charge you a transaction fee for any card type.
- Security: On the check out, all personal information you provide will be secure. Credit Card details will be taken on the Stripe website.
- On the Stripe site, your connection should be secure. This will ensure safe shopping online. You can tell if the connection is secure with a padlock which appears on your browser and (depending on your browser type and personal settings) a warning message about being in a secure page.
- Information requests: Please note that we will never contact you requesting your credit card details by email. We may need to contact you by phone, however as an additional security measure, you can request that you phone us back using our publicised number.
- Highland Offroad (3) Ltd (Highland Offroad and Land Rover Experience Scotland) aim to ensure all customers have a fantastic experience. However if any customer is dissatisfied then we ask that the complaint is put in writing and sent to the company as detailed below.
Highland Offroad (3) Ltd, Butterstone Loch, Dunkeld, Perthshire, PH8 0HH
VAT number: 169 9258 72
Company Registration: SC452716