Saturday 30 July
9.30am - 1.30pm Register at Land Rover Experience Scotland at Butterstone Loch
10.00am-2.00pm Depart on the off-road route, which will be fully signposted and marshalled. There will be optional alternatives within the route for smaller Land Rovers. Travel at your own speed, stop for lunch along the way, and take part in the What3Words navigation competition for a bit of fun! Bring your own picnic lunch, and cold drinks and snacks will be available to purchase. The route closes at 6pm.
6.00pm - 9.00pm Campfire (weather permitting) and hog roast at Dunkeld Park (indoor venue available if required)
Sunday 31 July
8.30am-9.30am Breakfast available to purchase at Dunkeld Park from Bonnie Mountain Catering.
9.30am - 3.00pm Take part in a range of free activities, including:
- Vehicle games: Ball on the bonnet, vehicle tennis, ring-fenced
- The Cracker: have a go at driving our push-me-pull-you vehicle!
- Competitions: trailer reversing, blindfold driving
- Young Off-Roader experiences can be booked for 11-17 year olds
- Trials demonstrations from the Scottish Land Rover Owners Club
- Off-road route through our vehicle obstacle course
Quad treks can also be booked at a reduced cost.
Lunch will be available to purchase during the day.
3.00pm Head for home!
The price for the weekend is £250 per vehicle, including up to 2 people. For additional passengers/drivers, there will be a charge of £25 per person to cover catering.
This price includes: Saturday morning refreshments at Butterstone Loch, Saturday evening hog roast, off-road trek, camping/caravan area, Sunday off-road driving activities.
Under The Stars Adventure Trek Weekend
Bring your own Land Rover, along with friends and family, for an immersive fun weekend of 4x4 adventure. Join us in Dunkeld on 30-31 July 2022 for two days of tracks and trails, camping and competitions, hog roast and hills!
Your Weekend Adventure
- The main event on the Saturday will be a trek up into the hills above Dunkeld, with a What3Words competition along the way. Take your time and enjoy the drive, stopping for a picnic lunch en route.
- Saturday evening will be spent by the campfire at Dunkeld Park, enjoying a delicious hog roast and camping under the stars.
- On Sunday, try your hand at vehicle games, let the kids drive off-road with our Young Off-Roader experience, take part in the blindfold driving competition, enjoy trials demos and tackle our vehicle obstacle course.
Sleeping and Eating Under The Stars
There will be free camping at Dunkeld Park for those taking part in this Adventure Trek Weekend and you are welcome to bring your own tent or caravan, or book into a local hotel if you'd prefer. Enjoy a gathering at the campfire and a hog roast under the stars on Saturday evening.
We will be working with our excellent catering partner, Bonnie Mountain, to make sure that delicious food is one of the highlights of the weekend. The weekend price includes coffee/tea and breakfast roll on arrival on the Saturday morning and a hog roast and soft drink on the Saturday evening - bring your own drinks but remember you're driving in the morning!
Under The Stars is open to all Land Rovers, and you will be driving your own vehicle throughout the weekend.
We would advise you to take out off-road insurance for your car. Vehicles must be taxed and fit for purpose, with good tyres, and be suitable for on-road as well as off-road driving. Side steps and body kits are not advised due to the risk of grounding out. Tow balls should be taken off although this is not always practical; if so there will be a risk of grounding out.
All gates must be left as they are found, and no fires or BBQs are permitted except for the main campfire at Dunkeld Park. All waste and litter must be taken home with you.
You are welcome to bring family or friends with you in your car, as long as everyone is wearing a seat belt at all times. Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead whenever they are outside your vehicle.
Please note that in the unlikely event that we have to cancel the trek weekend, we cannot be responsible for any other costs such as the cost of hotel accommodation. Terms and Conditions | Highland Offroad